Friday, August 27, 2004

Moving

In a recent discussion about my move from Los Angeles to Nashville a friend of mine told me with a sinister smile that he'd seen a study that stated the only things more stressful than moving are a death in your family or divorce. We'll I'm here to dispute those findings. The ranking by itself may be accurate but it fails to consider that moving could easily also cause death or divorce. The stress of the move is a little too fresh to go into without my blood pressure spiking so I'll have to save those details for a future posting.

4 Comments:

At Mon Aug 30, 01:18:00 PM EDT, Blogger Val said...

This is a recent posting from my blog on this subject:

Friday, after work I helped some friends move some things to their new house. I am convinced that moving and childbirth are somewhat alike. They're not alike in a Steven Wright kind of way- wherein he states he was reading a diary he kept as a baby and it said, "DAY ONE: Still tired from the move." No, I think they are alike in that if you truly remembered what either process was like, you would never seek to go through it again. But, people see a new house or a baby (a new person if you want to stretch the comparison) and they think, " I want that more than I want an accurate recollection of what that involves." This concept, network TV and the fact that Ted Kennedy is an elected official are main columns in my platform that states, "People are stupid." (As a side note, this is a temporary residence for these people until they decide whether to build or buy another house so they may step over the line separating stupid and insane.)

 
At Mon Aug 30, 05:39:00 PM EDT, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Hey--at least you don't have Hand, Foot, Mouth.

 
At Mon Oct 04, 04:23:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you? We miss your blogs!

 
At Sat Mar 05, 09:17:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

I keep checking back to see how things are going for ya'll in Nashville. I want to hear more about your precious family! You are a gifted writer, so PLEASE share those wonderful thoughts with those of us that wait!!! It's been too long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home